In 1950, Faith Evangelical Lutheran Church had its humble beginnings in a garage at the corner of Deindorfer and Bay Street. The purchase of this property was approved for our mission on December 31, 1949. The garage was remodeled as a meeting center and was dedicated on October 1, 1950, by Dr. Norman A. Menter. There were 200 members in attendance on that day. The first Sunday School began a week later.
As our Family of Faith grew, so did our need to enlarge our worship area. In 1965 with 1200 baptized members and 900 confirmed members, ground was broken for our new and improved church. November 6, 1966, was the dedication ceremony for our new worship area.
Currently, Faith has about 750 baptized members. Throughout the years, these members diligently worked to maintain the church grounds and structure. However, as time passed, the members of Faith felt that the Lord was guiding the congregation to seek a more responsible stewardship of their financial resources.
As a result of this seeking, the building at 2405 Bay Street was sold to another worshiping body. While in transition, the people of Our Savior Lutheran Church, 2525 Hemmeter, graciously rented their worship space to Faith. On June 22, 2008, the dedication service for our new church building at 4432 Mackinaw Road was held. Praise be to God for His innumerable blessings!
Moving forward together, we reaffirm our mission: To creatively share the love of Jesus with all in our community. Whether traveling on vacation, moving to the area, or currently residing in Saginaw, our friendly congregation invites you to stop by and worship with us.